Corning got its start in 1879 by making glass envelopes for Thomas Edison’s light bulb work. They invented Pyrex heat-resistant glass in 1915 and the first low-loss optical fiber in 1970. They’ve also been producing LCD glass for computers and TVs since 1984. When it comes to anything related to glass or fiber, they are definitely the partners of choice. That’s why we are proud to be an approved Corning Gold Cable Assembly House.
But that designation doesn’t happen by chance. It requires meeting the high standards established by Corning Cable Systems for their CAH ConnectionsSM Gold Program. Here’s an overview of the requirements along with the benefits it brings to all our customers.
Corning Gold House Partner Requirements
Qualifying in the first place is tough and that’s followed by ongoing rigorous requirements. Here’s the list.
- Adopting and maintaining recommended Corning Cable Systems manufacturing processes.
- Documenting thorough quality processes that are audited and tested to ISO standards by Corning Cable Systems.
- The Corning Audit Scorecard provides recommendations for improvements.
- Using Corning Cable Systems manufacturing materials.
- High product volume that assures worker product and process familiarity.
- Annual training sessions and rigorous audits of our production procedures.
- A random sampling of assembly products including packaging, ferrule inspection, geometry test, cross-section, and more.
Corning Gold House Partner Benefits
As you can tell, that’s quite a list of requirements that needs to be maintained year after year. Although you can be assured that we are already maintaining these standards for all our work. Yet as a partner in the Corning Gold House program, we can offer still more benefits.
- 25-year extended warranty for simplex and duplex patch cords manufactured at our facilities and installed by a certified member of the Corning Network of Preferred Installers.
- Increased access to Corning products including same-day to 72-hour turnaround to meet low volume customization needs. That includes standard and customized assemblies from low to high fiber count and all connector options.
- Corning provides on-site expertise along with feedback and recommendations, which serves to improve all our operations.
- Peace of mind comes with knowing you have a high-quality patch cord manufactured by a tested and trusted supplier.
- Assurance that the speed and performance gain you expect after purchasing network software and hardware components are fully realized and not compromised by excessive loss or failure.
- Patch cords are the most dynamic, handled, and reconfigured components within a cabling infrastructure. A CAH Connections Gold Program member patch cord gives you one less thing to worry about.
Our relationship with Corning is truly a partnership that both ensures prompt delivery of high-quality Corning products and priority access in times of shortages. All this supports all our deliveries but in particular, helps expand custom and quick turn capabilities.
We Can Help
If you are in the design stages of your cabling solution, we can provide engineering assistance and prototyping. If your requirements are already specified and ready for a quote, we are uniquely positioned to meet your deadlines and pricing targets, due to our extensive in-house services and advanced manufacturing capabilities.
But we offer much more than state-of-the-art manufacturing – our dedicated team is also known for going to great lengths to meet the needs of our customers, including working round-the-clock to meet tight turnaround time requirements.
Our sales representatives are standing by to assist you with product questions and quotes Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern. You can also send us an email or complete our contact form and we’ll get right back to you.