Cables Unlimited Military Cable Designs
Cables Unlimited offers end-to-end solutions for any of your tactical fiber requirements. Our TFOCA technology products are suitable for a variety of harsh environment military applications.
Civilian Applications Include:
Tactical Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies
TFOCA from Cables Unlimited has been tested for reliability and strength and is suitable for all deployment/retrievable scenarios. Our products are ideal for outdoor use in severe environmental conditions.
Our TFOCA products feature a round cable design for survivability and easy installation. Jackets are made from polyurethane, one of our portfolio materials. Jackets for our cabling are abrasion, cut, and chemical resistant.
Customized TFOCA assemblies are challenging when determining the number of channels, pin layouts, and fiber’s modal diameter. Options can be intimidating even with standard assemblies.
Every component of our harsh environment cable assemblies is verified for accuracy and reliability. Additionally, after all manufacturing is complete, each assembly is tested and aligned to all Mil-spec and industry requirements. Each item is shipped with these test results.
Let our design engineers ensure your project requirements are met on time. Our unique military experience will guide you comfortably through the design process. We ensure your solutions work at deployment.
We use a helically stranded core for our cable designs. These flexible cores can endure demanding military pulls, with outstanding mechanical protection for our optic fibers. Let our design engineers help you choose either a distribution or breakout cable solution.
TFOCA products from Cables Unlimited are appropriate for use with the MIL-C-38999 style military connector. 2 to 24 fibers are available.
Our Jacket Material Portfolio:
- Tactical Polyurethane (Standard)
- Flame Retardant (E)
- Flame Retardant Tactical (V)
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen (G)
- Operating Temperature -55°C to +85°C
- Storage Temperature -70°C to +85°C
- Crush Resistance 440 N/cm
- Impact Resistance 200 impacts
- Flex Resistance 2,000 cycles
Connectors from Cables Unlimited satisfy the mechanical and environmental requirements of DOD-1678 and MIL-STD-810C. TFOCA connectors meet the standards of MIL-C-83526/12-01.
Our military-style connectors withstand repeated connect/disconnects that are part of the handling process with fiber optic deployment.
TFOCA connector’s unique and environmentally protected design protects the component from high tensile loads, dust, and dirt. Also, we make certain there is a waterproof seal at every junction to keep water out.
Our cable termination is specifically designed to firmly anchor the cable to the connector without the need for special tools. We provide a kit for any connectors or assembly that needs repair.
We offer a complete cabling system for field deployment, backpacks, and reels with ergonomic fit and lightweight. Our reels and stands are easy to handle with reusable fittings, ideal for fast installation in the air or ground. Ask about our field-proof measurement equipment and repair kits.
Cables Unlimited offers the most sophisticated tactical field cable in today’s market. Our TFOCA Cable system provides our users with the highest possible security against loss on transmission lines.
We offer TFOCA Reels in either square axle or round. We designed our reels specifically for military applications with commercial versions available. Typical capacities are 100m, 300m, 750m, 1000m, 1500m.
- Mobile Tactical Shelters
- Full Military tactical deployments
- Mobile emergency telecommunication stations
- Mining and Exploration
- Emergency restoration and deployable communications
Cables Unlimited offers a full line of reels and accessories
- TFOCA Reel Restoration Kits
- Reel Cleaning Kits
General requirements stipulate connectors and cables must be capable of operating within specified Working with the military, we are bound by strict specifications and standards when delivering our ranges.
Cables Unlimited is a valued supplier of fiber optic connectors to all branches of the military.
- M83522; this standard defines characteristics, performance, and testing for a single terminus/channel connector. These connectors cover families of both bulkhead and cable termination. Connectors are supplied under the MIL-STD-790 reliability assurance program.
- M83526; Cables Unlimited connectors in this class cover the performance and testing for a circular, environmental resistant, hermaphroditic fiber optic interface. These connectors offer a predictable and consistent optical performance. Our connectors are rugged and have the ability to withstand military field operations.
- M29504; this class represents optical termini for removable crimp and epoxy type fiber for use in our connectors and fiber optic components. These termini can operate within specified temperature ranges.
- M28876; connector specifications here are for circular, plug and play receptacle style. These are multiple removable termini fiber optic connectors that are fully compatible with the Department of Defense. These connectors must be compatible with multiple transmission element cables. These fiber optic connectors belong to a family of interconnection hardware, which provides various coupling arrangements. We supply the connector parts under this specification; shells, inserts, retention nuts, backshells, and connector dust caps.